From Our Webinar: Off-Grid Solar in Hazardous Locations
October 14, 2021
Each month, we host a live webinar featuring the latest in charge controller and inverter technologies. Attendees have the opportunity to engage directly with our engineers to learn about the latest innovations in off-grid solar, and have their questions answered directly by our team.
From our Sept 15 webinar, What’s New About Off-Grid Solar in Hazardous Locations, co-hosted with SunWize.
Q. Which Morningstar accessories are suitable for use in Class I Division 2 Hazardous Locations (HazLoc) at Oil & Gas sites?
Morningstar offers the following accessories that can be used with select HazLoc rated Morningstar controllers in Class I Division 2 Hazardous Locations at Oil & Gas, mining, and other sites:
- Ethernet meterBus Converter (EMC-1) to enable IP-based networking and internet connectivity for remote monitoring and custom programming.
- Relay Driver (RD-1) to trigger automatic generator start/stops when specific conditions are met.
- Remote temperature Sensor to provide more accurate battery temperature measurements when the battery temperature is 5 degrees C greater than the controller.
- Remote Meter to enable easier monitoring of voltage, current, temperature, logged data, settings, alarms and error reporting.
- PC MeterBus Adapter (MSC) to convert a controller’s meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment.
- EIA-485 / RS-232 Adapter (RSC-1) to allow up to 128 Morningstar products to communicate on the same communication bus and over much greater distances.
- USB MeterBus Adapter (UMC-1) to convert an RJ-11 interface to a USB 2.0 interface which allows communication between a PC and a Morningstar charge controller or inverter.
During the HazLoc certification process, these compatible accessories were integrated into the testing plan and are referenced in the test report as compatible products to their listed morningstar product hosts. While the accessories themselves are not individually certified as a stand-alone listed product, any of these compatible accessories may be used with the certified host product in the same rated environment as compatible hardware. They are fully documented and ready for use in the same environments as the primary product so that this additional functionality can be maintained in conjunction with the listed controller.
Watch the full recording.
Register for our next webinar.
> Back to news