Morningstar controllers and inverters feature electronic and environmental protections that are ideal for RV, Caravan, and Boating applications.
The solar controller products listed below have a 5 year warranty. A complete operation manual provides easy to follow setup instructions, and customers have access to our technical support team.
Select Morningstar charge controller models have:
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to extract every bit of electricity possible from the solar source, by converting extra voltage into useful amperage.
- Morningstar MPPT controllers have industry-leading TrackStar technology on-board for that purpose
- Full programming to enable a high-level of system customization. Faceplate mounted timer and test buttons allow for easy system/setting configuration for a variety of uses
- Load and lighting control for easy integration in lighting systems. Dusk and Pre-dawn settings optimize usable lighting during high-use periods while minimizing power consumption during unoccupied periods.
- Industry-leading technical support from a US-based company
- Easy system integration with generator control
- Standard serial and optional Ethernet capabilities
- Remote access and control
- Data logging to record charging/load Amp-hours and alarm/fault notifications
- Full programming to enable a high-level of system customization
- Built-in communications and diagnostics capabilities
- Temperature charging protection and advanced charging algorithms to protect expensive storage batteries, both lead-acid and advanced types including lithium. Dead battery recovery feature helps reduce system down-time
- Designed for trouble-free operation in extreme temperature and weather conditions. Epoxy-encapsulated circuit boards and 60C ambient temperature ratings to handle harsh environments including tropical, coastal and arid regions. Weatherized construction; no cooling fans to fail
- Simple, out-of-the-box operation and easy installation
- Safety features built-in, including alarm/fault notifications, mis-wiring protection, lightning protection
How do I choose if I need MPPT or PWM-type solar controllers?
This is not a quality difference, but a function of prevalent solar conditions and location considerations.
- Because MPPT (maximum power point tracking) controllers convert extra solar electricity voltage into useable electricity, they are ideal for areas where seasonal, weather and shading conditions cause wide variations in solar “harvesting.” Morningstar’s proprietary TrackStar™ MPPT technology is considered the industry’s performance standard. Because of their additional circuitry on-board, MPPT controllers are also more complex and expensive.
- PWM (pulse-width modulation) controllers are the right choice for systems using 36 or 72-cell solar-panels in locations with consistent sunlight, minimal shading and no physical space limitations—such as at the top of light poles, for example. PWM controllers are simpler and cost effective as a result.
All Morningstar charge controllers, regardless of their technology or design, built to one industry-leading quality standard. They all have “over-spec’d” components, incorporate advanced electronic design and thermal engineering, and have no cooling fans to fail—unlike all the in-kind competition. Because of this, over four million Morningstars have been sold since 1993 and are the first choice for leading solar installers in mission-critical installations around the globe.
Some of the information on this page is from third party sources because it may be relevant and helpful to certain audiences. Morningstar does not endorse and is not responsible for the content.