ReadyShunt optimizes the most popular battery chemistries, providing comprehensive battery metering for monitoring critical information with lead-acid and other commonly used battery types. No additional configuration or connections are required. ReadyShunt automatically activates, is recognized, and ready to go immediately after being snapped into a ReadyRail-equipped Morningstar product.
Part of the ReadyBlock suite of add-on– yet built-in– functionality available in Morningstar “host” components featuring the ReadyRail expansion system.
- “Add-on” in the sense that ReadyBlocks can be integrated into a system at any time, either on inception or later as needs arise
- “Built-in” because once added, ReadyBlocks become part of the host component, seamless integrated into both its hardware and software
Model numbers associated with this product:
- RB-SHUNT KIT: complete package with ReadyShunt Block and the 500A 50mV Shunt
- RB-SHUNT BLOCK: snap-in piece (ReadyShunt Block) without Shunt
- RB-500-50: a 500A 50mV Shunt
Works with GenStar MPPT Fully-Integrated DC Solar Charger
- Provides an integrated “battery meter” for lead-acid and other chemistries to determine SOC and other health metrics
- Net battery current measurement enables system-wide maximum charge current into the battery when multiple charge sources are present.
- Current measurement data is automatically integrated into the GS LiveView dashboard, data logging. Thus there’s no more clunky 3rd party meter add-ons requiring different interfaces, meters, etc. No software configuration to integrate the data – we do that for you
- Shunt data is made available to the user for use in logic configuration for decision-making.
- Highly configurable to accommodate a wide range of shunt sizes with both 50mV and 100mV scaling options
- Available in a kit wit 50mV/500A shunt or just the block