Is your system less-than-perfect? Ultimately, the health of your batteries will tell you that. But that’s a hard and expensive way to learn! Instead, learn how choosing the right solar charge controller up-front can make or break your off-grid system.
This webinar is conducted each month to introduce individuals to Morningstar and off-grid solar. It is also appropriate for experienced professionals who are looking for a refresher, or to have their pressing questions answered by one of our engineers. Attend this webinar to receive One NABCEP CE credit and learn about:
- Battery charging stages
- Differences between PWM and MPPT controllers
- Effects of oversizing PV arrays
- Efficiency variations with output power
- Electronic and environmental protections
- Controller/inverter features and accessories
- New off-grid inverters and high amperage charge controllers
All Times in US Eastern Time
Past Recorded Webinars
Learn the differences in inverter design, and the key features that make an inverter “industrial grade” for higher-end remote powering applications. The new SureSines will enable solar professionals to build “all Morningstar” systems with no weak links. you’ll learn about:
- What makes an inverter industrial-grade, and the typical applications in which they’re called for
- Communications features for remote monitoring, control, and integration into industrial control systems through open standards.
- Device Configuration and real-time display of system performance with the mobile app, using the Bluetooth link
- Thermal performance and temperature ratings for use in extreme climates and industrial system enclosures
- Everything to know about application-specific product certifications and requirements
- AC Outlet choices for a variety of global markets, as well as wiring options for professional installations
- Powerful integration options with Morningstar products to offer additional control and system-level functionality
Join Solar Builder Magazine and Morningstar to learn more about designing for success in off-grid solar installations, in this special webinar covering the new SureSine off-grid inverters and the new GenStar MPPT DC charging solution. Make sure to listen to the recording in its entirety, including the Q&A session at the end.
Join Solar Power World and Morningstar to learn more about designing for success in off-grid solar installations, in this special webinar on “Refining the Off-Grid Inverter… and reimagining the Solar Controller.” This webinar features the new SureSine off-grid inverters and the GenStar MPPT DC charging system.
Watch this joint webinar between SunWize and Morningstar to learn how module manufacturing trends are now impacting off-grid system design/costs more than ever. While new modules generate more power and support larger loads, they also affect decisions and choices concerning the mounting systems, charge controllers, breakers, and other balance of system components.
Grounding is one of the most necessary but least understood subjects in the electrical industry because it involves mechanical, electrical, and even metallurgical aspects which make it a very complex one. Watch and learn:
- Why grounding is so important
- The difference between grounding and bonding
- Ground fault detection and ground fault protection
- Preventing corrosion of ground connections.
- Surge protection
Morningstar and SunWize Power & Battery co-presented this webinar about off-grid solar power solutions for transportation and traffic applications. View the recording to learn about:
- Types of solar powered electrical loads including warning signs, traffic signals, flashers, gates, and general lighting
- Traffic enclosures and components
- Prebuilt kits that make powering traffic management easier
- System requirements and certifications
- Impact of the new Infrastructure and Jobs Act (HR-3684)
JCE Energy joins the Morningstar team to share how they help provide critical off-grid power for remote digital oilfields. Join this webinar to learn about:
- Turnkey solutions for off-grid powering of SCADA equipment, lighting, and cathodic protection
- Hazardous Location certifications (HAZLOC)
- Off-grid oil & gas site case studies
- Remote monitoring
SFC Energy joins the Morningstar Team to share how their solar hybrid fuel cells are used to power remote telecom, mining, and other critical systems. Register for this webinar to learn about EFOY fuel cells, solar arrays, charge controllers and other key components that make up a fuel cell solar hybrid system. You will also learn about:
- A quiet, green alternative to a genset (ESG Friendly Option)
- A proven extremely reliable source of off-grid power
- The components that make up a solar hybrid fuel cells system
- Remote monitoring and data logging of battery voltages and solar vs. fuel usage
- Competitive total cost of ownership
- Examples of successful deployments in telecom and mining applications
- Why these Hybrid systems are easy to deploy and maintain
- The SFC Energy portfolio of solutions for a variety of deployments
This video provides an overview of the digital oilfield and how Morningstar solar charge controllers have been regulating power for cathodic protection, RTU’s, process control equipment, lighting, telecommunications, and other electrical loads at remote oil & gas sites throughout the world. New certifications for larger PWM and MPPT solar charge controllers enable greater capabilities and flexibility concerning remote power in Hazardous Locations (HazLoc).