The industry-leading TriStar MPPT™ with TrakStar Technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking controller for larger off-grid photovoltaic (PV) energy systems up to 3kWp. An iconic design, TriStars have been proven in solar installations around the globe and remain the first choice for designers of mission-critical systems where failure is not an option.
“one of the best charge controllers out there… these things are tanks”
Models: TS-MPPT-30, TS-MPPT-45, TS-MPPT-60,
Specifications and Certifications by Model
|*Input power can exceed Nominal Operating Power. Controller will limit and provide its rated continuous maximum output current into batteries.|
|Charge Rating||30 amps||45 amps||60 amps||60 amps|
|Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||150 volts||150 volts||150 volts||150 volts|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V, 24V or 48V||12V, 24V or 48V||12V, 24V or 48V||12V, 24V or 48V|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 12 volt battery||400W||600W||800W||800W|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 24 volt battery||800W||1200W||1600W||1600W|
|Nominal max. Operating Power* – 48 volt battery||1600W||2400W||3200W||3200W|
|Battery Operating Voltage Range||8-72Vdc||8-72Vdc||8-72Vdc||8-72Vdc|
|Voltage Accuracy (12/24V)||<=0.1% +/- 50mV||<=0.1% +/- 50mV||<=0.1% +/- 50mV||<=0.1% +/- 50mV|
|Voltage Accuracy (48V)||<=0.1% +/- 100mV||<=0.1% +/- 100mV||<=0.1% +/- 100mV||<=0.1% +/- 100mV|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 C to +45C||-40 C to +45C||-40 C to 45C||-40 C to +45C|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years|
|CE and RoHS compliant||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ETL Listed [UL-1741 and Canadian CSA C22.2 No.107.1.01]||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|FCC Class B Part 15 Compliant||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Manufactured in a Certified ISO 9001 Facility||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Maximizes energy harvest – superior peak power tracking over conventional MPPT controllers.
- Highest peak efficiency for off-grid controllers in the industry: 99% (TS150).
- Built for reliability and performance, with an oversized heatsink and over-spec’d components. Fully-rated for operation at temperatures up to 45C.
- Extensive networking and communications features enable system monitoring, data logging, and adjustability.
- On-board RS-232 port included on all models; Ethernet included on all 60A models.
- Extensive electronic protections include short-circuit, over-current and reverse polarity to ensure the controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes or overloads.
- Certified to IEC 62093 which establishes requirements for the design qualification of balance-of-system (BOS) components used in terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Fanless design for long-term reliability.
Morningstar "Charging Experts" - TriStar Solar Charge Controllers | 7 Minute Video
Watch this video to see a detailed view of the internal and external components of Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT solar charge controller and discover why Morningstar has been considered the “charging experts” for over a quarter of a century.
TriStar MPPT Solar Charge Controller Training | Recorded Webinar
This in-depth webinar training module highlights the technological advantages and benefits of Morningstar’s advanced TriStar MPPT charge controllers. You will learn about sizing and setup, communications capabilities and many other features. TriStar MPPT controllers are ideal for off-grid solar electric installations in the commercial, industrial and residential markets.