As our Sr. Design Engineer, you will lead our Design Engineering Team to develop reliable, world-class power conversion equipment for off-grid solar applications. Primary responsibilities include analog and digital hardware design, schematic capture, layout, prototyping, and test as well as mentoring and developing the Design team.
Are you a Senior member of your team looking for new challenges? Do you enjoy mentoring and developing other engineers but still want your own time in the lab? Are you ready to work in a growth industry like renewable energy? Morningstar Corp. is looking for you to join our product development team at our Jessup, MD Engineering Center. We are looking for engaged individuals who value ownership of work, welcome different perspectives and take pride in quality design. Morningstar is an engineering-centric company with a culture that promotes respect, curiosity, elegant design, and good work-life balance.
● BS, Electrical Engineering
● Excellent knowledge of analog & digital electronic circuit design
● PCB layout expertise with consideration for EMI/high-speed signals/RF
● Basic C/C++ skills to assist with early hardware bring-up and test
● Ability to collaborate, communicate with and work with others
● Excellent Technical Writing Skills
● 10+ years experience in a design environment
● Experience in Electronics Manufacturing or Power Electronics industry
● Lean Product Development exposure
● Interfacing with Agile software team
● Solar Industry Experience
For over 27 years, Morningstar Corp. has been the world’s leading supplier of solar charge controllers and inverters for the off-grid solar market. Our vision is to build our business by designing, marketing & selling innovative products that provide reliable, clean power to all corners of the globe. We are entrepreneurial, allowing our employees to contribute daily to company goals & projects. Our focus is on the long-term; decisions are not made for short-term gains. Our business is global; our workforce is multicultural and we have a keen interest in learning from the global community. We strive to create an environment that allows employees to work at their full potential, free from bureaucratic red tape.
Successful candidates will be highly involved with new product development as well as the professional development of the software team. Morningstar offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, and 401(k). Additional ownership opportunities are available through our ISO and ESPP programs. Salary is competitive and a relocation package is available for qualified successful candidates.
Please send a resume to [email protected].