The TriStar™ is a three-function PWM controller for larger systems, providing reliable PWM solar battery charging or load control or diversion regulation. The controller operates in one of these modes at a time and two or more controllers may be used to provide multiple functions. The TriStar uses advanced technology and automated production to provide exciting new features at a competitive cost to regulate battery charging in home systems and professional applications. The 60 amp version is also available with a factory installed meter.
“It is a Morningstar, what do you expect! It is great.”
Models: TS-45, TS-60, TS-60M,
Specifications and Certifications by Model
|Charge Rating||45 amps||60 amps||60 amps|
|Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||30, 60, 90, or 125V||30, 60, 90, or 125V||30, 60, 90, or 125V|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12, 24, 36, or 48V||12, 24, 36, or 48V||12, 24, 36, or 48V|
|Minimum Voltage To Operate||9V||9V||9V|
|Voltage Accuracy (12V/24V)||<=0.1% +/- 50mV||<=0.1% +/- 50mV||<=0.1% +/- 50mV|
|Voltage Accuracy (48V)||<=0.1% +/- 100mV||<=0.1% +/- 100mV||<=0.1% +/- 100mV|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 C to +60C||-40 C to +60C||-40 C to +60C|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years|
|CE and RoHS compliant||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ETL Listed [UL-1741 and Canadian CSA C22.2 No.107.1.01]||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|FCC Class B Part 15 Compliant||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Manufactured in a Certified ISO 9001 Facility||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Built for reliability and performance, with an oversized heatsink and overspec’d components. Fully-rated for operation at temperatures up to 45C.
- More information with LED indicators. Optional meter displays extensive system and controller information in five languages; automatic self-test and
- Communications capability with RS-232 port, connects to a PC for custom settings, data logging, remote monitoring and control.
- SNMP monitoring supported when used with Ethernet MeterBus Converter so you can view system current, voltages, and alerts in your network management system.
- Fully adjustable with DIP switches for seven digital presets. Additional
custom setting via RS-232.
- Extensive electronic protection against reverse polarity, short circuits,
overcurrent and excessive temperature.
- Low telecom noise. DIP switch setting will change PWM to “On-Off” battery charging.
- Fanless design for long-term reliability.