From Our Webinar: Off-Grid Solar in Hazardous Locations
Each month, we host a live webinar featuring the latest in charge controller and inverter technologies. Attendees have the opportunity to engage directly with our engineers to learn about the latest innovations in off-grid solar, and have their questions answered directly by our team.
From our Sept 15 webinar, What’s New About Off-Grid Solar in Hazardous Locations, co-hosted with SunWize.
Q. Which Morningstar accessories are suitable for use in Class I Division 2 Hazardous Locations (HazLoc) at Oil & Gas sites?
- Ethernet meterBus Converter (EMC-1) to enable IP-based networking and internet connectivity for remote monitoring and custom programming.
- Relay Driver (RD-1) to trigger automatic generator start/stops when specific conditions are met.
- Remote temperature Sensor to provide more accurate battery temperature measurements when the battery temperature is 5 degrees C greater than the controller.
- Remote Meter to enable easier monitoring of voltage, current, temperature, logged data, settings, alarms and error reporting.
- PC MeterBus Adapter (MSC) to convert a controller’s meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment.
- EIA-485 / RS-232 Adapter (RSC-1) to allow up to 128 Morningstar products to communicate on the same communication bus and over much greater distances.
- USB MeterBus Adapter (UMC-1) to convert an RJ-11 interface to a USB 2.0 interface which allows communication between a PC and a Morningstar charge controller or inverter.