The SunSaver MPPT™ with TrakStar technology is the perfect charging solution for smaller off-grid solar systems up to 520Wp. An industrial-grade design proven in challenging applications and environments, SunSaver has been called the single most successful charge controller in the solar industry.
“…an amazing product…well built, and well designed”
Specifications and Certifications by Model
|*Input power can exceed Nominal Operating Power. Controller will limit and provide its rated continuous maximum output current into batteries.|
|Charge Rating||15 amps|
|Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||60 volts|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V or 24V|
|Nominal Max. Operating Power*||200W/12V, 400W/24W|
|Max. Recommended Solar PV Input*||260W/12V, 520W/24W|
|Battery Voltage Range||7-36V|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 C to +60C|
|CE and RoHS compliant||Yes|
|Approved for use in Hazardous Locations: Class 1, Division 2, Groups A-D||Yes|
|ETL Listed [UL-1741 and Canadian CSA C22.2 No.107.1.01]||Yes|
|FCC Class B Part 15 Compliant||Yes|
|Manufactured in a Certified ISO 9001 Facility||Yes|
- Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) optimally matches the solar array to the battery—no wasted PV electricity.
- Use of high voltage modules – In addition to 12V crystalline modules,
enables use of high voltage modules for off-grid battery charging.
- Converts 36V or 24V arrays for use with either a 24V or 12V battery.
- Automatic Lighting Control – four programmable timer sequences for PV lighting applications using MSView.
- Extensive electronic protections include short-circuit, over-current and reverse polarity to ensure the controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes or overloads.
Morningstar "Charging Experts" featuring SunSaver MPPT | 7 minute video
This 7 minute video features the HazLoc ratings and internal and external components of Morningstar’s SunSaver Solar Charge Controllers and explains why Morningstar has been considered the “charging experts” for over a quarter of a century.