The SureSine™ is a pure sine wave inverter delivering AC power in off-grid solar applications, including rural electrification, telecom, remote homes, RVs, caravans and boats. A cast, anodized aluminum enclosure with no internal cooling fan needed ensures long-term reliability in the harshest conditions. The SureSine’s combination of performance, features and competitive price provides the best small inverter value on the market. It is highly reliable, having no internal cooling fan or other moving parts prone to failure.
Models: SI-300-115V-UL (60 Hz), SI-300-220V (50 Hz), SI-300-115V (60 Hz),
Specifications and Certifications by Model
|Model||SI-300-115V-UL (60 Hz)||SI-300-220V (50 Hz)|
|Continuous Power Rating||300 Watts @ 25C||300 Watts @ 25C|
|Pek Power Rating (15 min.)||600 Watts @ 25C||600 Watts @ 25C|
|DC Input Voltage||10.0V – 15.5V||10.0V – 15.5V|
|Waveform||Pure sine wave||Pure sine wave|
|AC Output Votage (RMS)||220V or 115V +/– 10%||220V or 115V +/– 10%|
|AC Output Frequency||50 or 60 Hz +/– 0.1%||50 or 60 Hz +/– 0.1%|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V||12V|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||<4%||<4%|
|Self Consumption (Inverter ON – no load)||450mA||450mA|
|Self Consumption (Inverter OFF)||25mA||25mA|
|Self Consumption (Standby)||55mA||55mA|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 C to +45C||-40 C to +45C|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
|CE and RoHS compliant||Yes||Yes|
|ETL Listed [UL-458]||Yes|
|FCC Class B Part 15 Compliant||Yes||Yes|
|Manufactured in a Certified ISO 9001 Facility||Yes||Yes|
- Improved Load Operation
• Pure Sine Wave – provides quality AC equivalent to grid power. Toroidal transformer design generates good wave form throughout the range of input voltages. 600W peak/surge power.
• Outstanding Surge Capability – handles a 200% surge during load start-up, to a maximum of 600W.
- More Power Available
• High Efficiency – a high peak efficiency will reduce heating and make more solar energy available for powering loads.
• Low Self-Consumption – The SureSine consumes only 450mA of current during operation with a full sine-wave present at the AC output. During periods where no load is detected, solar energy is not wasted because the SureSine automatically powers down to standby mode, reducing self-consumption to one-tenth of operating consumption.
- Extremely High Reliability
• Extensive Electronic Protections – the SureSine has extensive electronic protections that will automatically protect against faults and user mistakes such as short circuit, overload, high temperature and low voltage disconnect. Recovery from most faults is automatic.
• No Internal Cooling Fan – a key design objective since fans often fail in harsh environments and are noisy, consume power and blow dirt into the electronics.
• Tropicalization – the SureSine uses epoxy encapsulation, conformal coating, stainless steel hardware, and an anodized aluminum enclosure to protect against harsh tropical and marine environments.
- Other Features
• More Information – the two LEDs provide important information to the user about system status and any fault conditions. An optional digital meter may be connected to the SureSine to display additional system information.
• Remote On/Off – improves safety by making it easy to install the SureSine in an inaccessible location or enclosure. Reduces system cost by avoiding the need to add an AC safety disconnect to the system.
• Adjustability & Communications – four DIP switches provide easy adjustability of several system parameters. Additional
adjustability is possible using Morningstar’s USB MeterBus Adapter (UMC-1) to connect to a PC. Free 3rd-party MODBUS software is available for custom programming. IP-based communication, including SNMP, is enabled through Morningstar’s Ethernet MeterBus Converter (EMC-1).