View this joint webinar by Rolls Battery Engineering and Morningstar to learn how you can add years of life to your batteries in off-grid systems. The presentation and answers to attendee questions will cover:
- choosing the right type of battery and controller
- installation and setup
- setting the charging parameters
- remote monitoring options
- system sizing
Morningstar’s special guest, Jason Lerner of Remote Energy, shares a case study where he will talk about the steps he took to design an off-grid system to enable internet, radio and telecommunications capabilities at a remote site in Washington State. During the presentation, you will learn about: –
- System sizing concerning solar arrays, batteries and controllers
- Battery installation/maintenance best practices
- Choosing the right charge controller
- Monitoring and evaluating the system
- And other tips to improve system performance
This is an informative session for those involved with off-grid solar solar, regardless of the application.
Morningstar has been the world’s leading supplier of solar charge controllers and inverters for over 20 years. This webinar is conducted each month to introduce individuals to Morningstar and off-grid solar. It is also appropriate for experienced professionals who are looking for a refresher, or to have their pressing questions answered by one of our engineers. Join this webinar to learn about:
- Battery charging stages
- Differences between PWM and MPPT controllers
- Effects of oversizing PV arrays
- Efficiency variations with output power
- Electronic and environmental protections
- Controller/inverter features and accessories
- High voltage charge controllers
Morningstar’s new third generation ProStar PWM solar controller includes upgraded features while maintaining the same quality and footprint of previous models that have been installed in the world’s harshest environments since 1995. Join this webinar to learn about the new capabilities of this product including:
- Enhanced custom programming via dip switches, meter, or computer
- RJ-11 MeterBus port for serial MODBUS data or to add a remote meter
- Lighting control
- Up to 256 days of data logging
- External RTS sensor terminal on the controller face
- Protective terminal cover
- Improved surge rating for heavy DC loads
- Low voltage load disconnect
- Settings & firmware updates via meter
- Compliance with IEC 62109
- High resolution graphical display of system settings and metrics
Trojan Battery and Morningstar have been supplying battery and solar charge controller solutions for a wide variety of global off-grid applications for several decades. View this special joint webinar to learn more about best practices and years of shared industry experience regarding:
- Charge controller choices
- Adjusting battery charging settings
- Remote monitoring of battery metrics
- Data logging
- Battery basics and maintenance
- Flooded, AGM and Gel batteries
- Ideal applications
View this recorded webinar to learn about the new Ethernet MeterBus Converter which enables the addition of IP based network and internet connectivity to any Morningstar product that features an existing MeterBus port (RJ-11). You will hear about:
- Remote configuration of controller settings
- IP based MODBUS connectivity for remote communication and control
- Displays of system status & log data directly from the EMC-1 to a webpage.
Learn about the New ProStar MPPT Solar Charge Controller from Morningstar. You will hear about lighting control, data logging and other capabilities and how you can adjust controller settings through the meter interface of this mid-range MPPT controller.
Retrofitting Grid-tied Systems with Battery Backup Using The TriStar MPPT 600V Controller With DC Transfer Switch
View this recorded webinar to learn how the New TriStar 600V Charge Controller with DC Transfer Switch can be deployed with other components to retrofit existing grid-tied systems with battery backup power. The costs and benefits of this Direct DC Transfer Charging Solution are compared to other solutions such as AC Coupling. You will see why this internationally recognized product and application is scalable, easy to install, and represents the lowest cost of entry for battery backup in existing grid-tied systems.
This joint webinar between Morningstar and Sunwize Power and Battery provides information about several different Morningstar PWM and MPPT charge controllers that are used in a variety of different off-grid solar applications including Oil & Gas, Telecom, and Traffic Monitoring. The presenters also make key points about efficiency specifications, TRAKSTAR MPPT Technology, and the importance of good system design.
Russell Borum, Sr. Account Manager with Morningstar shares his experience working on solar lighting applications throughout the world. During the webinar you will learn about: Different applications of solar lighting, choosing the right charge controller and programming an MPPT controller for lighting.
This recorded webinar provides information about Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT 600V Charge Controller and Ground Fault Protection Device including: Efficiency ratings and product specifications, Reliability and quality factors that differentiate Morningtar’s products from others, MODBUS communications, Best practices concerning ground fault protection, and Use Cases. The Q&A session at the end of the webinar featured lively discussions about alternatives to AC coupling, ground fault detection, and string sizing.
Due to popular demand and much interest from our customers, we opened up our training archive … This in-depth webinar training module highlights the technological advantages and benefits of Morningstar’s advanced TriStar MPPT charge controllers. Check it out for yourself.
For Off-Grid Installations … When Reliability & Performance Matter … From the more load sensitive Telecom & Instrumentation Systems, to the most environmentally harsh installations of Industrial Oil, Gas & Marine Systems—Morningstar’s SunSaver Solar Charge Controllers are the Proven Choice.